Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Five Lives

Written By : MoonlightSpirit
You can read the original here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4730794/1/Five_Lives
All Credit goes to the Original author

Denali, Alaska. Normal on to some, but not to it's inhabitants. There is a family who lives here. The Cullen's. They moved here about a year ago. I heard they were relatives to Tanya's family. Another odd family. What made these families so odd? No one really knew. It was just the atmosphere around them and their inhuman beauty. The Cullen kids went to the same high school I did. Their names were Alice, Jasper, Rosalie, Emmett and Edward. They were adopted by Carlisle and Esme Cullen and Rosalie and Jasper's last names were originally Hale. They were twins. But the one Cullen that caught my eye was the small girl, Alice.

My name is Marcus and I am in love with Alice Cullen.

La la la la la la la

La la la la la la la

I'm not sure when it started. Alice and I had a few classes together. She was a nice girl. Bright and cheerful and just a little weird. We were also chemistry partners in science. Although Alice already had a boyfriend, Jasper (don't ask, it even creeps me out). Alice and I weren't best friends, but we weren't enemies either. We said hi to each other in the halls and occasionally made small talk in chemistry, but that was it. Still, something about her attracted me to her life a moth to a flame.

There's a little creepy house


In a little creepy place

The Cullen's lived in a little creepy looking white house right outside of Denali in a creepy little forest area. No one dared go near it, except for hunting season.

The Cullen's had added a creepy air to Denali. An air that seemed to stretch to the far corners of the earth. But like I said, no one knew why they were so odd.


Little creepy town


In a little creepy world

Denali had it's far share of creepy moments too. Rarely, there would be a mysterious disappearance or death. But even if it was rare, it would happen in the most gruesome way. The charred remains of a body found in a dumpster or something liked that. At school, rumors flew that the Cullen's and Tanya's family may have done something, but that was just because Tanya's family and the Cullen's were so different from what we knew.

Little creepy girl


With her little creepy face

Back to Alice, although she was beautiful, I had to admit, she was a bit creepy with her spiky black hair and pixie like face. She was the type of girl that would make you think of a serial killer in a horror movie disguised as a sweet girl. But maybe that's what attracted me to her. The way she was so different from anyone else.


Saying funny things that you have never heard

I noticed Alice only spoke to her family. But they spoke oddly, as if in their own language. I passed their table once at lunch and caught a bit of their conversation. But they were talking so fast, I wondered how it was possible to understand each other.

Do you know what it's all about?


Are you brave enough to figure out?


Know that you could set your world on fire


If you are strong enough to leave your doubts

None of my friends knew of my feelings for Alice Cullen. I would be shunned for life for it. The many years I've lived in Denali would go up in flames just because I loved this odd little girl. But it hurt me not to act on my feelings. Well, I couldn't act on my feelings. After all, she was dating Jasper. But there was still a part of me that wanted her to break up with him.

Feel it


Breath it


Believe it


And you'll be walking on air

That one hour I spent wit Alice in Chemistry was probably the best hour of my day. Occasionally, her arm would brush mine. Her skin was smooth as stone. And she had such a unique smell that seemed to float off her. Like daises and sunshine. And when I was around her, I was filled with the weirdest feeling.


Go try


Go fly


So high


And you'll be walking on air

A feeling that was like walking on air.


Feel this


Unless you kill this


Go on


And you're forgiven

The feeling that I felt for Alice was like nothing I'd ever felt before. I wanted to tell her how I felt, but I knew it would kill the delicate friendship we had. And she was already with Jasper, so that would make tings between us just plain awkward if I told her how I felt.


I knew that


I could feel that


I feel like


I am walking on air

Yeah

She has a little creepy cat


And a little creepy bat

Alice was also a wonder with animals. Despite the fact that, for some reason, animals ran at the sight of her. But there was one animal, a creepy little stray black cat. Like any other animal, it was terrified of Alice. But she began to feed the poor little cat and it warmed up to her. Alice also admired bats. More than a normal person should. One night, I actually saw her at the park while I was walking home, staring intently up at bats near one of the many mountains.


Little rocking chair


And an old blue hat

Alice was a girl of many talents. Like art. We both had an art class together. Alice always painted the most beautiful pictures. One was of the corner of a bright pink room, with a dark wood rocking chair. In the rocking chair sat a girl, identical to Alice, wearing a knee length black dress and tiny blue hat. When I asked her what the picture was of, she said it was of her own room.

That little creepy girl


Oh..she loves to sing


She has a little gift


An amazing thing

Oh, how Alice could sing. She never sung in front of an audience, but sometimes she would just sing to herself if she was bored. Often in chemistry she would sing after we finished an assignment. Her voice was a high soprano and beautiful, angelic.

With her little funny eyes of hazel

Alice also had te most odd colored eyes I've ever seen. They were beautiful and wide, but an odd topaz/hazel color. And her eyes changed color. Sometimes they pure black. I had asked her during chemistry once if she wore contacts. She said yes, but for some reason, I felt that she was lying.


With her little funny old blue hat


She will go and set the world on fire


No one ever thought she could do that

But one day, something odd happened. See, the view from my bedroom, on the second story of my parents house, which was located on top of a high hill, I have the view of the forests right near Denali. And one day, I saw Alice walking through said forests. I recognized the hat se was wearing, like the one in her painting in art class. Now we were always told to stay out of the forests, for it was dangerous, full of wild animals. So why was Alice there. I watched her walk to tree white figures that had their backs to me so I couldn't see there faces. and bend down. Suddenly, fire was in a spot she touched. I jumped back from the window. Why was Alice setting thins on fire?


Feel it


Breath it


Believe it


And you'll be walking on air


Go try


Go fly


So high


And you'll be walking on air


Feel this


Unless you kill this


Go on


And you're forgiven


I knew that


I could feel that


I feel like


I am walking on air

In school the next day, I learned that a student was missing. His mother said he had gone searcing for his dog, who had ran away, and he never came back. Most people thing he was murdered somewere in the woods. There are plenty of places to hide a body there. I couldn't help but think of Alice and her odd behaviour the night before. If remains were to be burned, they would be hard to find.


Flitter up


And hover down


Be all around

Be all around

You know that I love you


Go on

But somehow, my feelings for her never changed. I still loved her.

Feel it


Breath it


Believe it


And you'll be walking on air

That night, I saw Alice walking through the forest once again. Curiosity capturing me, I rushed out the house, lying to my parents about hanging out with friends, and rushed to the forest. When I entered it, a horrid smell burned my nostrils and I saw a plume of purple black smoke in the distance. An ominous feel fell over me. Something wasn't right here. But I kept on going.


Go try


Go fly


So high


And you'll be walking on air


Feel this


Unless you kill this


Go on


And your forgiven

Suddenly, the silence of the night was broken by a rustling sound. I passed it off as the wind. But soon, the rustling became too constant, too even to be just the wind. Someone was following me, but I heard no footsteps. It sounded like someone walking on air.


I knew that


I could feel that


I feel like


I am walking on air

I am walking on air

I started to run, not sure where I was going. And that's when it happened. Something lept out of the woods to my right. Something hard, much harder than a human body. I felt several bones in the right side of my body crack. Pain shot through my body. I looked up to see someone in the darkness. Someone with snow white skin and piercing red eyes. And that was the last thing I saw before the person lept. The darkness of pain overpowered me. A burning feeling coursed through my veins and I felt myself slipping. I knew whatever attacked me, had killed me.

Yeah

I am walking on air

Marcus was killed by a rogue vampire that night. A vampire that was part of a coven that was causing trouble for Tanya's family and the Cullens. A vampire from the same coven had killed the boyfrom Marcus' school. Alice Cullen was the one to find Marcus' body.

I am walking on air

I've been called many things. Oblivious, odd, weird, abnormal. I'm not like normal humans. I believe in all things mythical. Dragons, mermaids, werewolves, vampires. I'm tend to be lighthearted and carefree. An optimist.

My name is Jasmine. I'm fifteen years old and live in Texas, which has recenty been hit with a string of mysterious murder and disappearances. Some people say it's gangs or serial killers. But I know what it is. It's something supernatural. It's vampires or werewolves. How did I know? Well, I researched it in books. The mixed pattern and speed of the murders and disappearances can't be normal. But of course I told no one. No one would believe me. So I decided to see for myself.

At night, I snuck out to the edge of town, where the attacks were worse. No one was out this late at night. The night was quite, the only sounds being by footsteps and the quiet ruffling of my dress against the ground. And that's when I saw him. A boy, suddenly in front of me, bent in a crouch. He was wearing a plain white shirt and black pants and was barefoot. And he was beautiful. is skin was snow white, shining in the moonlight. He had curly blonde hair. But what caught my attention most was his eyes. They were a bright red, an eye color I've never seen before.

"Hello," I said softly. The boy's head tilted curiously, his eyes reading my face.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Jasper," the boy answered quickly in a musical voice.

"Jasper," I repeated slowly, "That's a nice name." The boy slowly stood from his crouch, his eyes still examining my face.

"Such peculiar emotion," he said, walking toward me, "No fear. Just wonder and curiosity."

"Are you responsible for the murders?" I asked simply. Jasper grinned, showing off his perfect white teeth.

"Yes," he hissed.

"Are you a vampire?" I asked, "Or a werewolf. Wait no, you can't be a werewolf, it's a full moon and you're human. But there's no way a human could cause those attacks so you must be a vampire." Jasper's face hardened.

"How do you know what I am?" he asked.

"Oh, you are a vampire!" I said excitedly, "Fascinating." Jasper raised a blonde eyebrow curiously.

"You are like no other human," he said softly, "You're emotions...you're not scared of me."

"Not really," I said, "I've always wanted to meet a mythical creature. I can't believe I'm talking to a real vampire." I was practically jumping out of my skin. I was so excited to meet a real vampire, I hadn't noticed how close Jasper had gotten to me. Our noses were practically touching.

"What is your name?" Jasper asked.

"Jasmine," I answered. Jasper smiled again.

"Well Jasmine, it was truly delightful to meet you," Jasper said. Then, suddenly, Jasper's lips were at my neck, his teeth grazing the skin, and everything went black.

Jasmine became another victim of the disappearances. Her body was never found, but for Jasper's vampire army, there was a new edition. A girl that was a truly delightful human for Jasper to meet, but her blood to sweet for him to resist. Jasmine was what she only read about. A vampire. But only for a year. Until her newborn power waned and she had to be disposed of. But Jasper never forgot the first human that wasn't scared of him. For her emotions were truly delightful.

Nothing ever happens in the small town of Snowy Hill of Northern Canada, it's name fitting. It was always snowing here and always cloudy and a sunny day was rare. But like I said, nothing ever happened here.

Until the Cullens came.

My name is Ameila. I'm sixteen and live in Snowy Hill, Canada. And the Cullen that caught my eye, the first guy I ever really liked was Emmett Cullen.

See, I was the tomboy of Snowy Hill High. I never went to school dances, I wouldn't be caught dead in a dress, skirt or heels, I usually wore cargo pants, jeans or sweats and long sleeve shirts and sweaters (Canada is cold!) I was probably the only girl in school obsessed with the latest fashion, wearing a designer coat that barley keeps me warm and prancing around in a skirt certainly not suitable for snowy weather. Most girls actually thought I was a lesbian because I didn't like any of the guys in school. Well soooooorry is I didn't go for the stupid jock type like they did.

But then the Cullens came to town.

They were-there's no other word for it- beautiful.

There was Alice Cullen, the small dark aired pixie like one. She was a bit on the odd side. Then her boyfriend Jasper- yeah, none of the Cullens are actually related. They're adopted by Mr. and Mrs. Cullen and were all together, except for one. Back to Jasper, he was Alice's boyfriend, blonde and always looked like he was in pain. Edward Cullen was the youngest with messy broze hair and the only one without a girlfriend. Then...Rosalie. Arg, I hated her so much. Stupid blonde, always hangingaround Emmett like they were attached at the waist. Although they were dating. And finally Emmett, the biggest, most muscular and oldest Cullen. Maybe it was is muscular appearance that attracted me to him. Because despite his strong appearance, Emmett reminded me of a teddy bear. He was actually the class clown and never got into a fight, although he could probably beat anyone in the school to a bloody pulp.

We were chemistry partners. And Emmett was one of the nicest boys I've ever met. A gentleman, like the kinds in those old movies. We were friends. We talked and said hi in the halls. We didn't really hang out though. He was almost never away from Rosalie, which made me glad she was not in our chemistry class.

In fact, Emmett was what kept me awake in chemistry. Chemistry is so booooring, but whenever I was on the verge of falling asleep, Emmett would crack a joke, either out loud or just to me, sending me in a fit of giggles or laughter.

Most girls were intimidated by Emmett's appearance. Most of them liked Edward, the only available one, or Jasper. And boys drooled (sometimes literally) at Rosalie's feet or panted after Alice like little puppy dogs. But of course, being the tomboy, I liked the most muscular, yet most teddy bear like one. Of course, I wasn't the only girl after Emmett. There were some girls that liked him, but-thankfully- he didn't seem interested in any of them. Although that was probably mainly because he was dating Rosalie, but at least that let me know he wasn't a player or something.

But there was one night that my infatuation with him sealed my fate. From my room window on the second floor of my house, which was atop a hill, I could see the forests. We were forbidden to go in the forests because of the wild and deadly animals living in there. So it puzzled me when I saw Emmett going in there. Maybe he didn't know of the danger in the forest yet. He was new around here. And I got the urge to protect him. So I rushed outside, hoping to catch him, but he was already gone. I battled with myself for a minute, wondering whether or not I should follow him. I did. I decided not to wander to far in. But of course, I got lost. Just my luck. And that's when I heard it. The sound of rustling in the distance. It was either Emmett or a huge animal hunting me. I decided to leave. I ran through the forests, but tripped over a tree root and fell to the ground. I tried to grab a low branch to catch myself, but just succeeded on scraping my hand on the bark. Blood poured from the wound. I moved to get up, but saw something that scared me to death. Emmett, standing over me, staring down at me. He didn't look as if he was looking at me thought. More like he was looking through me. And was it me, or was there a blood trailing from his mouth. Was he hurt? His skin did look bone pale in the moonlight. His eyes, topaz colored, I just noticed, traveled to my injured hand. He bent down and took my hand in his larger one, lifting it to his nose and smelling it. I stood, frozen, not knowing what to do.

"Smells delicious," he said in a low, feral growl from the back of his throat. I froze when is lips touched the wound. At first, I felt nothing, but an electric shock going up my arm from the touch of his lips on my skin. But then, my vision began to blur. I tried to talk, but no words came from my mouth. A numb feeling took over my body as I fell into darkness.

The next morning Amelia's body was found by a search team set up by her parents when they discovered she was not in her room that morning. Her body was pale, but what puzzled people most when she was taken to the hospital was that the doctors discovered that her body was completely drained of blood.

The Cullen's left Snowy Hill the morning after Amelia's death, never to be seen again. She should have never gone into the forest, because that's where the Cullen's happened to be hunting that night. And Emmett couldn't resist the smell of her blood.


No comments:

Post a Comment