Monday, January 12, 2009

Mrs. Stanley

Written by: pato picante Original Story Here : All credit goes to original Author


I sighed as I walked into the warmth of my little Oregon home. The rain was falling hard outside and I was happy to be safe from the droplets.

After I attended college at Arizona State University, I realized how much I actually liked the rain. I was so excited to get away from it after spending my first eighteen years in Forks, but it’s almost like a security blanket to me now.

So I decided to move to Eugene, Oregon. It’s nice and rainy here for a good nine out of twelve months of the year. Partying in my shorts and tank tops was fun when I was younger, but not so much anymore. I’ve definitely grown up more than anyone, including myself, ever thought I would.

I graduated from college in just the normal four years with my degree and went onto teaching. I’ve been teaching high school students for about seven years now and I love it more than I ever thought I would. My high school students help me to feel younger every single day.

Tomorrow was the start of a new year. I was excited to have some of the younger kids that I’ve seen in the halls in my class as well as new students who either moved or just finished middle school.

“Cory?” I called as I hung up my coat on the coat rack by the door.

“I’m in the kitchen, babe.” He yelled back. I walked around the corner and found him standing in front of the range, stirring some food in a pan.

I sniffed the air, “Mmmmmm. Stir-fry. My favorite!”

“Well I want you to have a good dinner before you head back to work tomorrow.” He said with a smile. I walked up to Cory and gave him a quick kiss on the lips.

I married Cory Peterson when I was twenty-six years old. I met him at Angela and Ben’s wedding and we hit it off. He had just graduated from law school and now works for a big law firm here in Oregon. He’s tall, but not to tall, with a short layer of brown hair on his head. His eyes are a sparkly brown color and his body…well he does work out regularly to keep it very good-looking. I love him very much and I couldn’t be happier with my life.

I have a beautiful husband, a wonderful home in a great location for me, a lot of really good friends-some old, some new- and I am currently pregnant with our first child. Nothing could be better than this.

“How’s our little Danny doing?” Cory asked as he rubbed my still small stomach. I had only discovered I was pregnant two days ago, but he was already naming our genderless baby.

“Okay, first of all: we don’t know if it’s a boy or a girl. Second of all: if it is a boy we are not naming it Danny.” I said with a laugh.

“Oh, so now you want to discuss names?” He questioned.

I sighed. “Okay. But only tonight. I don’t want to think of it too much. I still haven’t even told my parents.”

I went and sat down at the dining room table while he got our food onto the plates. He brought one over to me and the aroma from all the vegetables and shrimp was absolutely mouthwatering.

“Okay, so if it’s a girl,” Cory started before he took a bite of food and chewed, “I’d pick something that we can shorten into a nickname…like Tabitha. We could shorten that to Tabby. Or Abigail which could shorten to Abby.”

“I like that idea. Got anymore names?” I asked between bites. That was another thing I loved about Cory-he could cook!

“I like Samantha which obviously changes to Sam, Alexandra which could be Alex, Isabella which could be Bella,” I snapped my head up when he said that name, “And also Madelyn…” He noticed that I had paid special attention to that last name. “Do you not like those names?” He asked.

“No, no. That’s not it. It’s just that I used to know someone named Bella. We were kind of friends in high school, but I haven’t talked to her for the longest time.” I told him. Bella was one of the few of my high school friends that I didn’t keep contact with. I had pretty much forgotten about her, but now I’m curious to what she might be up to.

I know that she had gotten married right out of high school to Edward Cullen. I assumed it was because she was pregnant but found out that she wasn’t. Maybe she was pregnant now though, just like me. It would be a very pretty baby, that’s for sure, as long as Edward was the father. It still shocks me how good-looking him and the rest of his family was. It was almost…unnatural.

“Jess, sweetheart. Are you okay?” Cory asked.

“Oh yeah.” I told him. “Sorry about that. I was just thinking.”

“Hmm. Well you wanna hear my ideas for if it’s a boy?” He asked. He was so excited about this and I couldn’t bear to say no to him.

“I’d love to hear your ideas.” I said after I swallowed a bite of rice and shrimp.

“Well I like one syllable boy names so I’m thinking something like Brent or Sean, or something like that.” He said to me.

“I like those names, “I told him honestly. “I’ll keep them in mind. He smiled at me and I smiled back.

“Oh, did you here,” He started. I knew where this was going…new town gossip! It’s sad but I never really got over my gossip fetish from high school, “They’re getting a new doctor down at the hospital. He’s starting tomorrow.”

“Do you know what his name is?” I asked. It wasn’t unusual to get new people in a town our size but it was still nice to know ahead of time.

“I can’t remember. It starts with a C or a K though. He’s bringing his kids with him, but I also heard he’s pretty young so I doubt you’ll have any of them in your classes.” Cory said.

“Well maybe we could invite them over so they feel welcome to town. We should ask if they’re interested if we ever see them around.” I suggested.

“That would be nice. I like the idea.” Cory agreed.

We finished dinner with more baby name talk as well as predicting how our parents might react to the news. Once that was over, we cleaned our dishes and headed upstairs for bed. Cory showered at night since he would have to leave early for work tomorrow, but I would wait until morning since I would have more time.

I slid into my pajamas and then got under the bed covers. Cory came in a few minutes after and snaked his arms around my waist.

He started running his nose up and down against my neck and then kissing it softly. Then his hands started playing with the band of my PJ pants and I knew where he was going with this.

I sighed and pulled his hands away from my waist, “Not tonight.” I told him.

“Please?” He said in a whiney voice.

“No. I’m too tired.” I told him and confirmed with a real yawn.

“Fine. But you better get those crazy sexual temptations during this pregnancy or I’ll be very disappointed.” He said with a chuckle. I giggled at that too and then turned around to kiss him.

“Don’t worry. I’m hoping I’ll get them too.” I said.

He raised his eyebrow and then smiled at me. He leaned in to kiss me once more and said, “If I leave before you get up, good luck at school tomorrow.”

“Thanks.” I said, “I think I’ll be fine though.” With that, I closed my eyes and slowly drifted off into a peaceful slumber.

Edward’s POV

Another year of high school was starting for us tomorrow. This would actually be Bella’s first time attending since her original four years.

We had all decided to stay in Forks until Renesmee was finished growing up. Once she was fully grown, Bella and I took a much deserved holiday in Paris. It was wonderful.

August twenty-fourth was Renesmee and Jacob’s wedding day. I had eventually gotten over the fact that he is a smelly mutt and allowed him to marry my daughter. I can tell that she’s happy, so I’m happy too. Right now they are on their honeymoon which, although I’m on pretty good terms with Jake, I’d rather not think about.

“We got our schedules!” Alice yelled as she walked through the door. We moved to another rainy city in Oregon called Eugene. There were the occasional sunny day, but we always found ways to get out of those. This was also one of the bigger cities we’ve moved to, so our private lives would stay more private than somewhere like Forks.

“Yes, and your school looks very nice.” Esme said as she walked in behind Alice. “I think you all will like it a lot.”

We all gathered in the big living room and scattered throughout it. The house was an almost an exact replica to our Forks home; it was done at Bella’s request.

“I got the people in the office to switch up some of our classes and schedules so we could all have some classes together!” Alice said as she passed out everyone’s schedules to them.

“Thank you so much Carlisle for letting me take the dumber classes.” Emmett said. He was dumbing himself down this year as was Bella and Alice.

“Are you sure you don’t want to take higher classes?” I asked Bella for the millionth time. She could’ve obviously handled something like calculus as a freshman, but she decided to take algebra instead of geometry with me.

“Come on Edward.” Bella said in a complaining voice, “I’ll be able to go to high school plenty more times and take lots more classes. I just wanna take it easy for now. Plus it seems more normal for a ninth grader.”

Hmmm…I wonder how I’ll be able to bring up this subject with Carlisle… Alice’s thoughts ran threw her head.

“You’ve tried to convince him before, I highly doubt he’ll let you this time.” I said to her.

“Shut up. You don’t know that for a fact.” I gave her a smug look and started lifting my hand to tap my head, “Do NOT use your stupid power against me. I can be very convincing, and you know it!” She yelled.

“What do you need to convince me of?” Carlisle asked as he descended down the staircase.

“Well…” She gave him an innocent and sweet look, before launching in at full speed, “I really really really want to play a sport this year. And I know that you always are telling us that we have to blend in and be inconspicuous but I promise I won’t go over the board with my skills and I will allow others to-”

“Alice,” Carlisle said, lifting his hands to stop her, “I don’t really think that is such a good idea. I mean there is so much damage you could do and-” This time Carlisle was cut off, but it wasn’t by Alice.

“Come on dear,” Esme said in a loving tone, “I think we should allow the children to have more of a normal high school experience and that include sports and clubs and all that good stuff.” She looked over at Alice and smiled and Alice grinned hugely back.

Carlisle hesitated for a moment before he caved, “Oh, all right. But there are going to be strict limitations and-” Before he could say anymore Alice attacked him with a violent hug.

“Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!” She screeched.

“You’re welcome Alice,” Carlisle said, “Now can you please get off of me?” Alice removed herself from Carlisle and bounced back to her seat by Jasper.

We all started comparing our schedules with one another and I found out I only had one class with Bella, one with Emmett, one with Jasper and none with Rosalie or Alice.

“I’m sorry Edward!” Alice said. “I tried my hardest to get us into something together, but there was only so much I could do!”

“It’s okay.” I said honesty. “At least we all have lunch together.”

“Yeah! And guess what…?” Alice started. I read what it was in her mind, but she also warned me not to spoil it for everyone else.

“What?” Rosalie asked.

“We’re allowed to go OFF CAMPUS for lunch! No more food props!” She squealed.

“Well that’s cool,” Rosalie said, “I definitely like the ways of bigger schools. Why haven’t we done it before?”

“The less people in the town, the less people we have to worry about not scaring…or possibly killing.” I decided to add the last part on a whim.

Bella rolled her eyes at me for saying that, “But that reminds me. I think I should go hunting tonight. Anyone want to join me?”

“I probably should.” Jasper said. He had been very quiet during our conversation although I’m not sure why.

“I’ll go too.” I said.

Emmett rolled his eyes, “Why can’t you two be away from each other for like two seconds? Just to prove to you that it isn’t that hard, I’ll go with you guys and leave Rosalie. You can handle that, right babe?” He asked her in a mocking tone, directed towards Bella and I.

Rosalie played along, “I’m not sure if I’ll last through that Emmy-poo!” Se made an over exaggerated pouty face.

Alice started giggling at Rosalie’s performance. That caused Jasper to start snickering as well. Esme joined in but tried to hide them. Emmett felt left out and he started laughing to, although he didn’t keep his laughs in check. Rosalie added to the laughter and Jasper’s influence caused Bella to burst into a fit of giggles as well.

“Okay!” I yelled over them. “I get it. I won’t go hunting with Bella tonight!”

“It was only a joke, Edward.” Alice said between chuckles.

After about another half a minute, everyone settled down.

“Okay, let’s go get all of your guys’ school supplies out of the car.” Esme said.

“You got us school supplies?” Bella questioned.

“Yes. They gave me lists at the school, and I can’t let you guys go to high school unprepared.” Esme told her.

“Good point.” Bella said.

We all went to get our stuff from the car and got it all packed and ready for tomorrow. I don’t think it’ll be as bad since I have Bella with me this time, but then again…it is high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment