Sunday, March 1, 2009

Myths and Legends

Written By:MoonlightSpirit
You can read the original here:
All credit goes to the original author

Bella POV

1 year. That's how many years it's been since we left Forks. Since I started my immortal life as a vampire. Since I had my daughter, Renessmee. And now the me and my family were returning, for summer vacation. Forks was the best place for a vampire to stay during the summer. Even throughout the summer, Forks was usually cloudy and rainy. The ideal summer vacation spot for a vampire that sparkled in the sunlight. We figured that we could get away with one more summer at Forks, without anyone suspecting that we never aged. Renessmee would be passing as my cousin, spending summer with us, Her rapid growth had sped up over the one year we were one and now she had stopped aging at the age of 16.

At this moment, Edward and I were walking casually down the streets of Forks. holding hands. Carlisle, Esme, Alice, Jasper, Emmett and Rosalie were back at the house while Renessmee had gone over to La Push in her new car- a bright blue Viper- to visit Jacob (Alice assured Edward that she didn't see anything...inappropriate happening between them. But that didn't stop him from calling every three seconds. Okay, that's an exaggeration, it was more like every half hour). Not much had changed in the one year we were gone. A few new stores had popped up, but that was it.

"Not much has changed, has it?" Edward asked me, reading my mind-not literally of course. I shook my head. Suddenly, I stopped short as a smell assaulted my nose. I glanced at Edward, who was looked at me, confusion on his face.

"I smell it to," he said, "Odd." What was odd was that, this was a sent I never encountered. It smelled human, moist-like the smell of rain after it's stopped- and salty, with a light floral scent. Edward and I continued walking, scanning the area for the source of the odd smell that was getting stronger.

"What is that?" I muttered, confused. Edward shrugged.

"I don't like this," he muttered, "I've never smelled something like this." Edward and I remained tensed as five people came down the sidewalk, walking the opposite way from us. Three of them were girls, about sixteen or seventeen. Two were blonde and the other was a brunette. Holding the hand of the brunette girl was a blonde boy. With them was an old woman with thick blonde curls. The three girls kept looking up apprehensively at the cloudy sky.

"Girls, don't worry," said the old woman in a hushed voice that wouldn't be heard by normal human ears, "I told you, this place is special. The water won't affect you here." Edward and I looked at each other with matching confused looks. What were they talking about? And something else was puzzling. The odd smell was coming from the three girls. Only them. The boy and old woman smelt normal. We passed them and continued our walk. Once the five of them were out of earshot, Edward and I stopped walking and he looked at me, his brow furrowed.

"You read their mind?" I asked. Edward nodded.

"But I can't believe it," he said, "In all my years of existence, I never thought..."

"What is it Edward?" I asked impatiently. Edward's eyes bored into mine as he said, "Those three girls, they're...mermaids."

No comments:

Post a Comment