Sunday, March 1, 2009

What Else?

Written By:surfgirl1
You can read the original here:
All credit goes to the original author

While standing in my room, I pick up my weathered copy of Wuthering Heights, and sit down in my rocking chair. After a few seconds of distracted reading, I slam the book shut with a frustrated sigh.

Edward was away hunting, along with the entire Cullen family, leaving me to be completely bored back home. It had happened before, sure, but somehow this time was even more boring. It was spring break, so its not like I had school or anything. Charlie was fishing, again, while Angela was visiting relatives in California. What was a girl to do?

An inkling of an idea came worming its way into my mind, but I tried to push it away. The Cullens didn’t exactly know all about me, and I didn’t want to ruin their trust by announcing it now. Finally the idea grew and took shape, and somehow looked so much better than at first.

Walking across the room, collecting stray pieces of clothing and paper as I went, I made my way to the stereo. Dumping the pile in the corner, where it wouldn’t be in the way, I switched on my speakers and plugged in my MP3 player. Finding the song I wanted, I put it on pause and went into my closet.

Even though Alice had ransacked and searched endlessly in my closet for something fashion worthy, she still hadn’t explored its deepest darkest secrets.

Reaching into a little used box in the corner, I pulled out some stretchy black dance pants and a blue camisole. Pulling them on, I felt the familiar feeling of anticipation enter my body. Walking outside, I no longer felt like Bella Swan, girlfriend to the amazing and dreamed of Edward Cullen, I was Isabella Marie, top dancer in my class.

Picking up the remote, I turned on my favorite arm-up song; Right Round by Flo Rida.

When the music started, I completely let go of all emotion except adrenaline. I danced for hours, completely forgetting about when Edward was coming back.

Finally, I reached the best song ever, Don’t Trust Me by 30H!3. Starting out slow, I made my way up to the chorus. I sped up, keeping my eyes closed as I moved. Finally the end, and I posed. I could only hold it for so long though, before I fell down giggling.

“Well. I think that was the best thing I’ve seen all day.” The velvety voice came from my rocking chair.

I spun, gasping, and toppled over. Before I could hit the ground, however, I was in his arms, back in the rocking chair.

“It’s amazing how graceful you are when you dance, yet when you walk you are a disaster. How come you never told me about this, love?” I hid my face in the crook of his neck, completely embarrassed. He must have felt my blush, however, because he lifted my chin up to make me look at him.

Smiling slightly, he spoke, “Alice saw it in a vision. I had to see it to believe it.”

Kissing my hair, he murmured, “I always knew you were amazing. You just had to see it.”

I relaxed back into him with a happy sigh. The weight of the secret was lifted from my shoulders, and I felt amazing.

“So. What else can you do?”

No comments:

Post a Comment