Sunday, February 8, 2009

Check Yes Bella

Written By: topaz and diamonds
You can read the Original Here:
All Credit goes to the Original Author
Check yes Juliet
Are you with me?
Rain is pouring down on the sidewalk
I won't go until you come outside.

Check yes Juliet
Kill the limbo
I'll keep tossing rocks at your window
There's no turning back for us tonight

I had just woken up from a nightmare. In my nightmare, I was being chased by a man with a gun and somehow, despite my clumsiness, I managed to always stay ahead of him. Once he realized that he had no chance in catching me, he told me to stop or he would hurt Edward. No matter how much I tried, though, I couldn't stop. I just kept screaming "No Edward! Not Edward!"

Eventually, I had woken up screaming for him.

I was in a very dismal mood. With Edward far away at his house and the rain pouring down like a siege from the heavens, I knew there was no way to get to him.

Usually, Edward stayed over. Charlie didn't know and I wasn't planning on telling him anytime soon. Charlie didn't exactly approve of Edward. He set strict rules about time I spent with him and how close we could be and silly things like that. Edward would help me with my homework, leave so Charlie would think he was gone, then climb up the decorative ladder in the back by my window. I would always be anxious and wound up until I saw his bronze hair and bright green eyes peep over the sill. It was breaking all of Charlie's rules, but we didn't care. It just made it more exciting. We would usually do this every night, but Edward had had to go home tonight because of the rain.

Curse the rain.

Suddenly, I heard a tap at the window. I ignored it, thinking it was just the rain. But then it came again, and again. I knew it wasn't the rain now.

I crept over to the window and peered out. I couldn't see a thing through the thick rain.

All of a sudden, a rock came flying towards the window. It had appeared out of nowhere.

I threw the window open, not even caring that I would get soaked, and started searching the rain for any sign of life.

"Hello?" I called cautiously.

"Bella? Bella? Are you up there?" I heard a familiar voice call over the rain.

"Edward?"

"Come on Bella! Let's go to the meadow! Right now!" he called to me in his very enticing voice.

"Edward, it's the middle of the night and it's pouring! What are you thinking?! You'll catch pneumonia!"

"Please? We only live once. Live this moment with me."

"Edward... I don't know."

"Are you with me? Please say yes! I'll just keep throwing rocks at your window! I won't go until you come outside!"

"Edward, I don't know if I can. What will Charlie think and Angela and all my other friends. I love you but..."

Lace up your shoes
Eh oh eh oh
Here's how we do

Run, baby, run
Don't ever look back
They'll tear us apart if you give them the chance
Don't sell your heart
Don't say we're not meant to be
Run, baby, run
Forever we'll be
You and me

Check yes Juliet
I'll be waiting
Wishing, wanting
Yours for the taking
Just sneak out and don't tell a soul goodbye

"Don't let Charlie or anyone else get in between us and our love. Put on your shoes and lets just run. Don't say we're not meant to be. Forever, we'll be together," he replied to my weak objections.

"Fine! You have me there. I'll be out in a minute,"I said, finally giving in.

"I'll be waiting. Just sneak out the window and don't tell anyone your going. And Bella?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm yours forever and I love you. You know that right?"

"Yes. Thank you, Edward. Now stay there and I'll be back in a sec!" I said as I crept to my closet.

Check yes Juliet
Here's the countdown
3, 2, 1 now fall in my arms now
Now they can change the locks
Don't let them change your mind

I pulled on my old, beaten up tennis shoes and a light jacket. Creeping back to the window, I started thinking about Charlie again. He would definitely be mad about this and I was afraid this might be the last straw with me and Edward. He might forbid us to be together. That would be the end of the world to me if that happened.

"Edward, do you think Charlie would forbid us to see each other if we got caught?" I called out the window. The rain was still thundering down on the sidewalk. I knew Charlie wouldn't be able to hear me over it.

"He wouldn't be able to keep us apart, love. He can lock you out of your house, yell, scream, and threaten, but nothing will separate us. Don't let the threat of him change your mind." he called back. Instantly, I knew it was true. We were in love and nothing could stop us.

"Ok, next comes the hard part. The ladder is too slippery for you, my little danger magnet. You'll have to jump and I'll catch you," he said.

"Are you sure?"

"It's the safest way. Just jump on the count of three."

I very reluctantly made my way to the sill and sat down. The rain had gotten lighter, and I could see Edward below me. He had his arms out ready to catch me when I jumped."

"Ready?" I called down.

"Ready." he called back. "3, 2, 1 jump!"

And I jumped.

The air rushed past me as I fell. I had never exactly been afraid of heights, but I don't think I would ever have willingly jumped from my window into anyone else's arms but Edward's.

"Oomph!" I exclaimed as I hit Edward's arms. He was soft and his arms had absorbed most of the impact, but it had taken me by surprise.

Run, baby, run
Don't ever look back
They'll tear us apart
If you give them the chance
Don't sell your heart
Don't say we're not meant to be
Run, baby, run
Forever we'll be
You and me

"Come on, love. Lets run to our meadow. We'll go together. You and me. We're not going to look back. It's just you and me tonight. They'd tear us apart if we let them know we were doing this. Let's go," he said as soon as he had set me down.

I couldn't object.

We're flying through the night
We're flying through the night
Way up high
The view from here is getting better with
You by my side

We started running, flying actually, through the woods behind my house. Edward kept me from falling on my face and ruining this moment.

When we finally came to a stop, we were on a hill close by the meadow. The hill was high enough that we could see the meadow and many miles around us. It was so beautiful.

The sun was just starting to rise and the rain had finally stopped. The sunrise was right over our meadow. It lit the whole world up with it's amazing pinks, reds, and oranges.

We just sat enjoying the sunrise in comfortable silence until Edward finally broke it.

"It's so beautiful. But you know what's even more beautiful?"

I shook my head, not having a clue where this was going.

"You," he said simply.

And with that, he kissed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment