Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Contemplation

Written by: Spread-your-wings
You can read the original here:
All Credit goes to the original author

I let my head drop down into my hands and let out an almighty sigh. It was almost exactly 3 hours until I was to commemorate 103 years of existence… another sigh escaped my lips. There was no way I would take my life now, and I had a family to think of, but sometimes, just sometimes, I wish Carlisle had never taken that leap and turned me… maybe now I would be sitting in heaven if he’d just let me be…

But then, my daughter puts her soft, warm hand against my cheek and shows me her dreams, of butterflies and fairies.

And smiles.

That smile could light the world for an eternity. Could guide the lost… give hope.

And that is when I realise that I already have it…

This is heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment