Thursday, February 26, 2009

Hide and Seek

Written By:simply-dazzling001
You can read the original here:
All credit goes to the original author

“Hiya Bells! Whatcha doin?”

“Um. Not much. Why?”

“Well, I think that by now Jacob can feed himself quite well. Although, I’m not sure if dogs can use utensils….” Emmett smirked.

“Watch it, leech. She’s feeding Nessie.”

“I see. And where IS Nessie?”

“Geez, Emmett, open your eyes, she’s right-HUH? Wh-where’d she go??”

Bella frantically looked around the kitchen table, but Nessie wasn’t where she was a minute ago. Her chair was empty. “NESS!!”

“NESSIE!!”

“NESSIEEEE!!!”

“RENESMEE!”

“NESS!”

“EMMETT!”

“Emmett?”

“Heh.”

“Nessie!”

“Yeah?”

“OH! Where were you?”

“Aunty Alice mentioned something about scaring Daddy with a game of hide-and-seek….”

“RENESMEE CARLIE CULLEN ARE YOU OKAY?!?!”

Renesmee blinked. “Um, yeah Daddy. I’m fine. What’s up?”

WHAT’S UP?!? JASPER JUST TOLD ME THAT EMMETT KIDNAPPED YOU AND TOOK YOU BEAR HUNTING! Odd, though, he wasn’t thinking anything relating to fear or anxiety….In fact, he was singing ‘It’s a Small World’ in Scottish…..” Edward finally realized the truth. He sighed. “Nessie, did Alice tell you that you were playing hide-and-seek?”

“Yep.” Laughter could be heard from one of the upstairs bedrooms.

Edward sighed once more and rolled his eyes. “Next time, please think Daddy, I’m here when you know I’m worrying, ok? And by the way, when did you learn to sing ‘The Itsy-Bitsy Spider’ in Japanese in your head?”

“Auntie Alice and Uncle Jazzy taught me.”

“I see. Now then, if you don’t mind, I’m going to have a little chat with Aunty Alice and Uncle..…Jazzy. Excuse me, please.”

“Come on, Ness, let’s finish lunch.”

“Okay, Jacob!”

Upstairs, there was a loud BANG! And Edward shouted “MARY ALICE BRANDON CULLEN HOW DARE YOU KIDNAP MY DAUGHTER FOR A GAME OF HIDE-AND-SEEK?! AND JASPER WHITLOCK HALE, YOU TOLD ME EMMETT KIDNAPPED HER!!!”

Jacob laughed. “Kudos for scaring your dad, kiddo.”

Nessie giggled. “Thanks, Jake.”

Bella sighed, but smiled. “Ness…”

“Aunty Alice told me that if I kept quiet to play this prank on Daddy, she’d take me shopping tomorrow! But when I heard you guys shouting, I was afraid you’d be worried, so I came out.”

Jacob and Bella laughed, and then there was another CRASH from upstairs, even louder than before. Jasper screamed loudly, then they heard Esme running to Alice and Jasper’s room and shouting, “EDWARD ANTHONY MASEN CULLEN! HOW DARE YOU BREAK YOUR BROTHER’S CIVIL WAR BATTLEFIELD?!?!”

Then Edward could be heard saying, “Ow! But Esme, Alice and Jasper lied to me and said that Emmett kidnapped Renesmee. They practically gave me a heart attack, if I could have one.”

“What!?” Whap! Whap!

“OW! But Esme….”

“Alice, no shopping for a week. Jasper…no Civil War reenactments for a week. Are we clear?”

A faint, whispering sound came from upstairs, and Jacob, Renesmee, Emmett, and Bella realized it was Alice and Jasper sighing loudly. Alice attempted to protest. “But Esme, I promised Nessie I’d take her shopping tomorrow!”

“Then Rosalie will take her shopping. Now, Alice, your credit cards, please. And Jasper, your Confederate uniform, too. I needed to wash it anyway.”

“ESME……” they whined. Whap!

The inhabitants of the bottom floor, Renesmee, Bella, Jacob, and Emmett, all laughed.

“Hey Ness, wanna play hide-and-seek with us tomorrow?”

“Will anyone get in trouble?” Renesmee asked suspiciously.

“Nope. Real hide and seek. Not steal-your-niece-and-give-your-brother-a-heart-attack-hide-n-seek.”

“Okay! Sounds fun, Uncle Em. Where are we gonna play?”

Emmett smiled a devilish grin. “Grizzly territory.”

No comments:

Post a Comment