Thursday, February 26, 2009

Your Eyes Don't Lie

Written By:Siberiantigers05
You can read the original here:
All credit goes to the original author

Edward's Point Of View

I had done it. I had broken up with the angel of my life, Bella Swan.

Those thoughts swam around in my head, as they did every day, as I walked down the halls to my locker; on this dreadful Friday. It had been a month since I had broken up with Bella.

I saw you yesterday,
it’s been a while
you tried but failed
at holding back your smile right then
it’s not over yet, I knew, for you

I had seen Bella just yesterday, as we had our biology class together and we were partners, and she at first had turned to say hello, but then when she actually turned; she frowned. Although, I had seen that there was something in hers eyes; like maybe she was going to smile?

You see
I couldn't sleep
I thought of nothing else
I needed help
Everyone was telling me
You were moving on with someone else
But what we had was so special
People can be jealous, oh
I had to see it for myself

I had remembered when the rumors started, about Bella dating Justin Black; Jacob Black’s older more mature brother. I couldn’t sleep when I first heard the rumors, and the next day when I saw them walking down the hall together; my heart broke to see when Justin kissed Bella good bye. I watched, then the other students watching Bella and Justin, as Justin was the hottest senior and Bella was a year younger than him.

I remembered when I first started going out with Bella, most of the other girls were jealous of Bella, since I was supposedly the hottest boy in our grade. I remembered when I first started going out with the boys were also jealous, as Bella was, hands down, the most beautiful girl in our grade; and in my option, the school. So almost everyone in our grade was jealous as Bella and I as a couple; but now it was jealousy of Bella and Justin as a couple.

I can see it in your eyes
You feel the same about us as I
There is no way the truth can be disguised
You're still in love with me
You were never really out of love with me
Your eyes don't lie

I kept those thoughts as I continued walking down the halls. I slowing came to my locker and say two figures, entwined together, a few lockers down from mine. As I opened my locker, with quite a bit of noise, the couple looked up form their deep, and I mean deep, kiss.

My heart dropped; if possibly, even lower than it already was. The couple was Bella and Justin. When Bella looked at me, there was something in her eyes again; I think it was love. But then what ever it was vanished and Bella turned back to Justin; and they started making out again.


I know I hurt you,
I know you are hurting still
But I'll make it up to you
Yeah, baby, I will
'Cause what we had was so special
You know we can't give it up
Now that I’m looking at you I can see

I turned my head back to my locker and stared at the mirror in my locker, the one my sister, Alice, had placed, without my permission, in my locker, with the toughest glue, ever. I looked at my reflection, and wondered again to way I had broken up with Bella.

I guess it was because of my other sister, Rosalie. I had, stupidly, wanted everyone in my family to like my girlfriend. And everyone had loved Bella, except for Rosalie, who hated Bella for reasons unknown to me.

When I had told Bella we needed to break up, she had been completely heart wrecked. And I was even too much of a coward to tell her the reason why we ‘had to break up’ with her.

I was stupid to let Rosalie’s option to interfere with what Bella and I had. We had something special, and I had thrown it way, when I shouldn’t given it up.

I can see it in your eyes (your eyes)
You feel the same about us as I
There is no way (there is no way) the truth can be disguised
You're still in love with me
You were never really out of love with me
Your eyes don't lie
And they never will, girl

But then I thought of what I had seen in Bella’s eyes. I know I still loved Bella, and I think she still loved me as well, but she was hurt. Maybe, just maybe, she might only be dating Justin to try and stop the hurt I had caused.


Oh, now that I know
We were apart but your heart never let go
So thank you for showing me with one look
What used to be, and still is, a possibility

I had seen Bella eyes, I thought determinedly, and there was no way the truth could be disguised. Bella was still in love with me; I still had a chance with the angel.


I can see it in your eyes
You feel the same about us as I
There is no way the truth can be disguised
You're still in love with me
You were never really out of love with me
Your eyes don't lie
Your eyes don't lie

I looked back at Justin and Bella, and I knew. I had seen love in Bella’s eyes, and not for Justin; but for the man who had stupidly broken her heart, me.

I would get Bella back, I knew I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment