Sunday, February 1, 2009

Emotions

Written by:13.shimer.13
You can read the original here:
All credit goes to the original author

Alice. She danced into the room with grace, with poise, with charm and a wide smile. A smile for me, Jasper, one so undeserving of her happy gaze. And my Alice, my hope, is so much different from everybody I know, so much better. More beautiful than cynical Rosalie, much more graceful than clumsy Bella, more outstanding than motherly Esme.

Happy.

Nobody can compare to my pixie girl, my hope and happiness. Nobody can even attempt to compare to her at all.

Most vampires, when they find out about my Alice’s talents want her to tell them everything, want to abuse her powers, enslave her to their will, and don’t even bother trying to get to know her. Luckily for the kind Cullens they weren’t like most vampires and accepted Alice for who she is, enjoyed her quirkiness and love of shopping. Of course, had they so much as suggested abusing her powers, had their emotions even slipped to greed and want, I would have corrected them on how to treat my Alice, my happiness. I like to think I would have installed some fear- I have enough scars to make even the biggest of vampires scared and if that doesn’t do the trick, I can always douse them with a good serving of hysterical fear- but who knows? They did outnumber us.

But that was the past and the Cullens are my family, from compassionate Carlisle to blushing Bella (and in between that endearing Esme, enormous Emmett, roaring Rosalie, and emo Edward). Oh yeah- there’s also my angelic Alice and I; jealous Jasper. I’m jealous if you’re happy, I’m jealous if you laugh. I’m jealous at a simple smile. Because I begrudge your freedom of expression. Unless you’re Alice, of course.

I love Alice.

And she loves me too! I feel it in all that she does and in all the words she speaks. I see it in her tawny eyes; it’s always there in her perfect smile. Her voice radiates love- towards me! I feel as though it follows me and it’s always in my mind- the next time I can be with my Alice, my hope.

She is pure beauty.

I’ve read some of the books; I’ve seen most of the movies and I know that our love- flying high and true, a flag- beats it all. I don’t care how the characters will meet; they may bump into each other, I won’t care.

Alice and I are fate.

Our very meeting was destiny. It’s surprisingly comforting to know that there’s someone somewhere watching me and helping me along the way. If I ever meet them I must thank them for Alice and my family.

I must also tell them off for Maria- crazed woman wrecked my life! (And in turn bought me nearer to Alice . . . but I’m definitely not above a little hypocrisy to get my point across. Besides, I like to lie to myself, it presents a refreshing challenge.)But I digress.

The thing is, Alice is my existence. Without her it’d be wild and unbearable. Three quarters of me would be missing; the last quarter left confused, broken and shell shocked. I understand this sort of thing (emotions are my forte) and so although it’s nice to think this is an exaggeration, I know the truth: this is an understatement, far off of the amount of pain and terror I’d feel without my Alice, my hope and happiness.

Being with Alice I’m so much happier than I was even as a human- it felt like there was always something missing. And I think I know that, subconsciously, I was waiting for Alice. And she was waiting for me, Jasper, in that stupid asylum. And I was unaware, couldn’t be with her, and couldn’t do anything to help her. And then we met in that bar and I felt hope for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment