Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Understand This

Written by: Imaganeer
You can read the original here:
All Credit goes to the original author

I sighed starting to get really frustrated. “Emmett, what are you doing in my bedroom?!”

Jasper and Emmett were left home with me while the other Cullens were hunting. Jasper wore the same bewildered expression I had.

“He is excited,” Jasper murmured in my ear. I became even more confused. Suddenly Emmett opened the door we were both banging on and I tried to regain my balance as I tipped forward. I didn’t.

I felt arms around me and I looked to see Jasper by my side. His face was apologetic as he motioned over to Emmett.

I just stared.

Emmett some how got hold of a Speedo. He was wearing it along with my bedroom sheets. I suddenly burst out into hysterical laughter as Emmett ‘flew’ around the house. Jasper was next to me clutching the doorframe for support.

“You can laugh all you want but you won’t be laughing when I save the world!” Emmett exclaimed.

“Emmett,” Jasper started reasonably, “Everyone will just have a heart attack when they see you in a Speedo.”

Silence.

“Were exactly did you get the Speedo from anyway?” I asked as I finally got my breath back.

Emmett grinned deviously, “You wouldn’t believe what type of stuff Charlie used to wear!”

Suddenly I felt horrified. Charlie wore that?! Jasper put a calming hand on my shoulder and I slid down against the door frame. A loose nail scraped me as I was sliding down.

Before I even had time to process what was happening Jasper was on top me and I was pinned to the floor. It looked like fire had replaced the delicate golden orbs.

I didn’t know what to do. Thankfully I was saved as Emmett pulled the thrashing Jasper off me and took him outside. I took deep shaky breaths and put my head between my knees. I let darkness overcome me.

I woke up in my bed. How had I gotten here?

“Ahhhh!” I shrieked as I turned to see Jasper. I put my hand against my heart as I took breaths. “Jasper don’t ever do that again!”

His expression was strained. “I am so sorry Bella! I couldn’t control myself earlier! I was just so…” He buried his face in his hands.

“Jasper?” I asked tentatively, “Why are you sorry?”

He looked at me with an unfathomable expression. His butterscotch eyes burning with intensity, “I almost killed you Bella!”

I snorted and Jasper looked startled. “I almost kill myself every day Jasper. I know for a fact that right now you are feeling guilty and I don’t need your power to see that. Please understand that this was not your fault. I had to slide against the damn doorframe. Will you forgive me?”

“Bella?”

“Yes?”

“I think I may have hit your head when I knocked you down… your going crazy!”

I sighed. Jasper wouldn’t see things my way. “Jasper. You don’t need to be sorry! You didn’t drink my blood and I have to say, I’m proud of you! You have been exposed to human blood so many more times than all the others and yet you were strong enough to not drink my blood for the seconds I needed for Emmett to pull you off. You of all people should know that. You are strong and no I most definitely am going crazy! Jasper don’t you see? You did it! You resisted just long enough!” I finished delivering my most heartfelt speech ever and studied Jasper’s stunned expression. Pleasure started to seep into his features.

“I guess I did… thanks Bella; you really don’t know how much this means to me,” And then Jasper hugged me.

I had finally come to an understanding with Jasper Whitlock.

No comments:

Post a Comment