Sunday, February 8, 2009

Noticing


Written By:
PieAnnamay07
You can read the
Original Here:
All Credit goes to the Original Author

Noticing

The last two weeks had been hard. I had just learned that I was a werewolf. Sam and I were the only ones so far, but he had said that it looked like Embry Call was close to joining us. He had known that I was going to phase for a few days, now, but he had wanted to see what triggered it. I couldn't really remember. I had been angry, that much I knew. But other than that... I wasn't sure. I had just... snapped, and I had literally exploded. Now, Sam and I were two membors of a pack that might not even grow. He wasn't sure if Embry would join us or not, but time would tell. Jacob and Quil, two of embry's friends, had the possibility, as well.

It was my first day back at school. I knew that things would change. Paul, for example. We knew, with his short temper, that he was another possibility.

I walked into my first class, English. I hated this class; I hated English, with its grammar and spelling... It was just so confusing sometimes. None of my old friends were in this class, which was good. I sat down in my seat, next to a girl I had never really talked to before. I didn't even know her name.

The girl made a noise, and I turned to face her for the first time. I froze. I was sure that my jaw was hanging open. She was the most amazing woman I had ever seen. Her black hair, falling in whisps around her face, her slightly larger than average nose... She was just... amazing.

I knew I was staring. I couldn't look away. Even when I actually tried. I had to know everything about her; her name, her favorite color, what she wanted to do after high school.

Class dragged on. It was usually long, but this... It was horrible.

The bell finally rang. Before she oculd grab her things, i stopped her.

"Hi," I said, making sure that I was looking directly at her.

She froze, looking over at me. Her face exploded into a bright blush, and I felt my lips curve into a smile. "I'm Jared. What's your name?"

"I-I'm Kim," she replied, her voice hardly over a whisper.

"Kim." I repeated, running her name over and over in my head. Kim. Kim. Kim. Kim. Kim. It was beautiful.

"I-I knew that you were Jared," she whispered. "I've known since... since seventh grade."

She knew me? She had known me and I had ignored her? I should have talked to her sooner! I should have... I should have done... something, other than ignore her.

"What's your next class?" I asked, hoping it was mine.

"Math," she mumbled, clearly uncomfortable.

I felt my spirits sink. I had Biology.

"Look, I'll see you later." I promised her, not wanting her to be late for her next class. I didn't care if I got a detention, but not Kim.

She blushed again, and she started to gather her things before I stopped her. "I'll do it," I offered, reaching over and putting her things in her backpack for her.

She smiled, and I thought my heart would stop beating. Her smile was amazing. I had to make her smile more offen. I would, I assured myself. I would always be near this girl, Kim. She was my everything, now, and I would never let anything happen to her. I would die for her. Nothing would ever hurt her. Not even me. Emily's scarred face flashed through my mind, and I promised myself that that would not happen to Kim. Nothing would happen to Kim as long as I was alive. I was her protector, now.



No comments:

Post a Comment